Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Spaghetti Dinner Article

My novel and I have been given a brief mention in an article appearing in the New York Sun today in the arts section, page 17. My friends, Great Small Works, are moving their monthly Spaghetti Dinner events -- which have been underway for the last 19 years -- to several new locations (Judson Church and possibly HERE, St. Ann's Warehouse and Theater for the New City) before hopefully settling somewhere permanent for the next nineteen.

The writer, Gary Shapiro, spoke with me briefly about the evening. His article includes a short history of the Spaghetti Dinners, as well as descriptions of performances by Bernice Silver, Basil Twist, Circus Amok, Amy Trompetter, and many others.

You have to subscribe to the paper in order to read the on-line version, which is why I haven't linked to it. I can email a scan of it to you upon request.

No comments: