Saturday, August 06, 2005

Vacation.

I am off to St. Augustine Beach, Florida with my family and my boyfriend tomorrow. This morning we packed our luggage, bought dried fruit, nuts and sweets from Sahadi's, and I made my way back to Queens on the Subway in order to work a little bit on Yield, which I both did and didn't. The last few pages are impossible today, so frustrating that I am spreading them out over several hours, meddling with the bookshelves, the fridge, this blog even, anything to keep from sitting here and writing.

Somtimes I am completely undisciplined: I watch movies, turn over my Netflix queue, download music, write emails, play with the cats, nap, organize something, thumb through my favorite cookbook. But it somehow gets done.

And what I most love about living in New York, is that you can't wait to get out of the city, and then when you return, you're always so glad to be back.

No comments: