Monday, March 20, 2006

New Me

I had planned to take a new picture of me this weekend to post on this blog, since not only do I now have a beard (which I like a lot, and not just because it causes people who haven't seen me in a while to touch my face and smile,) but I actually feel like a different person--different from the person who's wearing that blue sweatshirt, on the Bear Mountain Cruise with my friend Sean. But I decided not to take one yesterday since it wasn't as sunny as the weatherpeople had predicted, nor as I had hoped.

In other news, an essay of mine--about my grandfather and his alcoholism, among other things--will be included in the anthology From Boys to Men, which will be published by Carroll & Graf in the fall of 2006. You can see the list of writers included if you go here. It's very good company.

No comments: